|The grounds include lush desert landscape on drip irrigation, fruit trees, compost and organic garden, and a central grass lawn for community gathering and play.
Landscape Green Features:
- Designed outdoor gathering spaces incorporate both garden design and permaculture ideas.
- Extensive open space and landscape amenities.
- Planting oriented toward native/drought tolerant, and food producing varieties.
- Pool and Spa designed to be lower chemical and energy use.
- Extensive mulching - weed control, water conservation
- Zoned drip irrigation system
- Limited use of pesticides; use of organic fertilizers
- Resource saving horticultural practices
- Extensive water harvesting
The community has approximately 45 fruit trees and other edible plants including:
- Lemon varieties
- Lime varieties
- Orange varieties
- Grapefruit varieties
- Strawberry Guava
- Fig varieties
- Chinese Date
- Apple varieties
- Grape vines
- Brazilian Pepper (has small red berries known as pink peppercorns that are used commercially in ground peppers)
Every spring, a variety of wildflowers pop up around the community.